Joey Carbone is a multi-award-winning music producer, composer, arranger and keyboardist who has performed live, for television, film and in the recording industry.
He has also been to Japan over 100 times and has composed and produced over 1000 songs for top Japanese recording artists, TV themes, movies and TV commercials. Except for the songs of the Beatles, Joey's songs have been recorded by more Japanese artists than any other foreign composer.
Joey Carbone was the musical director and theme composer for 10 years on the TV talent show "Star Search" where he produced the music for future super-stars Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Destiny's Child, Alanis Morrisette, Justin Timberlake and Usher.
His many awards include :
• 10 Platinum and 47 Gold records
• ACE Award (best original song)
• BMI Television Composition Award
• RIAA Platinum Video Award
• 2 ITA Platinum Awards
• Tokyo Music Festival Grand Prize
• Tokyo Music Festival Best Arranger Award
• 2 Tokyo Music Festival Silver Prizes
• Tokyo Music Festival Best Composer Award
• 2 BMI “Most Performed Song“ Awards
He has taught music business classes and given lectures on the music business and songwriting at various music academys and colleges in America and Japan.
He has served as special advisor and consultant for Toho Music College in Japan.
He is currently serving as international advisor to Tokyo School of Music and teaching a class on the music business at Los Angeles Music Academy.